Greetings Habibi!

Egypt Travel Blog

My holiday was fantastic! Really, really enjoyed it. So many adventures! Although I don’t think I would do a tour again, it was fun cause we met so many great people ��" mostly Australians ��" and had lots of laughs together. The tour thing is a bit too organised though ��" have to be up early almost every morning and lots of organised ‘fun’. Although I suppose the fact that everything runs smoothly makes up for it.

Egypt wasn’t all that. Cairo is dirty and big and the traffic is something else. To give you an idea ��" there are almost 36 million people living in Cairo ��" almost as much as SAs whole population! And I honestly got a bit templed out. However Bruce enjoyed it cause of the architectural relevance so it was worth it. Btw the pyramids are a bit disappointing ��" much smaller than you would picture it and in the middle of the city! We spent Xmas eve on an overnight train to Aswan ��" which was actually fun. Lake Nasser is amazing ��" absolutely beautiful and very very big. We flew about 800 kms to seethe Abu Simbel temple and could see the Lake all the way from the plane. Then we sailed on the Nile all the way to Luxor and from there an18 HOUR BUS JOURNEY to Dahab in the Red Sea. I did not enjoy that!!!!!!!!!

Ok the highlights:

• A hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings and Queens in Luxor, Egypt. It was early morning and there were about 50 colourful balloons in the air ��" absolutely beautiful.
  • I did my first sea dives in the Red Sea!!! In the Canyon and Blue Hole and it was awesome! Really loved it ��" saw the most beautiful reefs and fish ��" extremely colourful as the visibility was so good.
This journal entry is a draft and has not been published yet. Please check back later!
11,494 km (7,142 miles) traveled