snowy drive home

Kingsport Travel Blog

coming up the mountain
About an hour from Atlanta, it began snowing off and on.  I didn't think much of it because nothing was sticking.  I got to Ashville, North Carolina and suddenly the snow was falling in buckets and blowing all over.  It looked like someone had a pillow fight where the feathers come flying out of the pillow.  I could hardly see where I was going and ended up on the wrong exit ramp.  I had to figure out where I was and get turned around.  I started to get a little worried because I had to go through some mountains between North Carolina and Tennessee and was hoping the roads would be too bad, or even closed!  I sure didn't want to miss my plane!  The higher up in elevation I went, the snowier it became.  Now the snow was sticking to the grass and rocks.  The sky was white from clouds and blowing snow.  It was kind of crazy.  I only saw about 4 cars on this mountain pass with me.  I guess most people avoid this area when it snows.  Luckily the snow tapered off as soon as I crossed the pass but I still had flurries off and on all the way back to the airport.  It was even snowing big huge flakes as I was walking into the airport!  It isn't supposed to snow when I'm down here!
snow on roadcut