Snow in Atlanta!!!

Atlanta Travel Blog

Walking the dogs in snow!!!

I drove to Atlanta to visit my sister and it snowed!  1-2" of snow in Atlanta!  This only happens about once every 5 years.  People in the city were near panic - do we close schools and businesses?  How do we drive in snow?  Being from the Midwest, I find this amusing.   It felt just like home (only it was about 30 degrees warmer here than back home that weekend).

We stopped at a friends's house to enjoy the zip line they have in their yard.  Basically its a swing that runs down a cable connected between two trees.  How fun!  It was fun to play in the snow in Atlanta.  I think most people there enjoyed it, but will be glad when it warms up.

The next day, we stopped at TJ's - a Packer bar in northern Atlanta for the NFC (football) championship game.  The Green Bay Packers (Wisconsin) played the New York Giants to see who was going to the Super Bowl.  The bar was packed with Packer fans.  We joined a couple at their table because there were no open seats left when we got there 90 minutes before the kick off!  It was a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, we lost.  The whole bar went silent as the Giants kicked the game winning field goal in over time to go to the Super Bowl.  It was very disappointing, but the atmosphere was a lot of fun.

Fun zip line
Fun zip line
Look - Im flying!
Look - I'm flying!
Zipline in the snow
Zipline in the snow
Too snowy to sit here
Too snowy to sit here
snow on pine needles
snow on pine needles
Christmas card scene
Christmas card scene
TJs - the fun Packer bar!
TJ's - the fun Packer bar!
Me and my sister - Go Pack!
Me and my sister - Go Pack!
Atlanta Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This is THE place to be for Green Bay Packers football in the Atlanta area! The bar and grill seats 250+ fans for game day. You need to get there ea… read entire review
Atlanta Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
This cafe has the most delicious (breakfast) food around. They use fresh ingredients and lots of organic, healthy and non-typical foods. Their whole… read entire review
Atlanta