Loafing and a visit from the Doc

Grenada Travel Blog

This is Independence Day here.  We both slept fitfully and I woke around 7:00.  Leaving Linda sleeping, I staked out chairs and an umbrella on the beach, took a swim, and read.  Picked up Lin and had breakfast in the Great House, attended the orientation, and checked out the Dive Shop.  There we talked to Adrian and C. J. about a "Try-Dive".  Turns out I'm disqualified without a doctor's OK just because I take Provocol.  (Any prescription drug needs a doctor's OK.)  They called a doctor for me but he was out so they left a message. Next, we visited the nurse to get checked out for our daily "treatments" and booked tomorrow's "Couples Massage".  Stopped back by the Dive shop and learned that CJ was out looking for me because the doctor was on the grounds.  He said to relax on the beach and he'd come when he located the doctor but to check at reception at 10:30 if I'd not been contacted by then.
  I did that, they called around for the doctor and told me to go back to the beach; they'd send CJ for me when they found him.  I had a foot massage booked for
12:00 so Lin went with me and we stopped by reception on the way.  They located the doctor in his office; he'd called my room and, not finding me, left the hotel.  He could see me at 12:20 so I gave Linda my massage appointment (hers was for 12:30, rebooked mine for 2:30, and returned to the room to wait for the doctor.  Lin arrived at 12:20 with the Dr. Radix on her heels.  After checking my blood pressure and listening to my heart, he signed the necessary paperwork and I was cleared to Scuba dive.  We ate lunch on the terrace and returned to the beach where we sat uninterrupted except for my foot massage and a stint in a sea kayak.  Returned to the room to relax, then drinks in the piano bar and dinner.  Lin had a salad and I carpaccio of Marlin to start.  For dinner, Lin had chicken with sweet potato mash and I had tempura-fried mahi-mahi with Thai sauce.  Magnificent again.  Their vanilla ice cream tastes just like Grandma's home-made.  Got an after dinner drink to take to the room.