Clothing Optional

Grenada Travel Blog

We had to close the windows and use the air because of the mosquitoes and I slept poorly again.  I got up around 6:30 and staked out the chairs and umbrella.  Eventually went down to breakfast, then to our couples massage.  After that, we stopped at the tour office to book a private island tour for Thursday, then walked over the hill to the "clothing optional" beach.  There was one young couple arriving as we did but they looked and left. Maybe they were scared off by the "old folks".  We had the beach to ourselves.  It's a nice little black-sand beach with cliffs on each end.  Unlike the one in front of the hotel, this beach slopes gently and was fantastic.  I swam for a while and must confess I got a bit of a sunburned butt as I read.

Back at the hotel, we set up in our chairs for the rest of the day, took a break for lunch and later I took a Hobie "Wave" over towards St.
.  The wind was strong and gusty and the waves were quire high.  I got soaked and had a ball.  Laid down for a while and got dressed for the buffet dinner by the pool.  It wasn't a bad affair but people here just don't seem to mingle much. Most tables were in the terrace dining room but a few were outside and we grabbed one of those so we'd be cooler.  They had a 16-piece steel band called the Comancheros.  I bought a CD for an outrageous US25.  As we ate dessert, it started to rain even though the sky was star-filled.  We moved inside and the rain stopped.  We headed back to the room when the second band, billed as jazz but actually some sort of Caribbean rock, started.