Arrival in Grenada

Grenada Travel Blog

Nifty airport shuttle

The flight was only about 2/3 full so we had lots of room.  Also, it left and arrived on time and we had champagne for breakfast on the flight so things are looking up.  Air Jamaica tours had a girl meet us in Customs.  Breezed through there and they had a white Lincoln stretch limo to take one young woman and us to the hotel.  This was Linda's first limo ride but it was only about 3 minutes long; the hotel is right next to the airport.  They had fruit punch (bottom shelf) waiting for us and check-in was easy.  Had lunch with a British lady.

The trouble started when I tried to call voicemail at the office.  They say 800 numbers are supposed to work in Grenada and there was even a paper in the room outlining phone charges including a charge for 800 number access but the call would not go through.

The hotel operator told me to call the Grenada operator who told me 800 numbers don't work from Grenada.  US cell phones were supposed to work, too, but that was another lie. I bitched up a storm and got to the assistant hotel manager, Kevin, who was able to make the connection for me.  All told, I wasted well over an hour before I got through.

I swung by the bar to pick up some drinks (all of which are included) and re-joined Lin on the beach.  Lin left soon afterward and I sat for another hour or so.  Dressed for dinner and had a drink on the terrace but, as the British lady had warned, the mosquitoes were out in force so we retreated to the piano bar.  Dinner was in the Great House (we ate on the balcony), and it was fantastic.  Wine flowed freely and the meal (roast beef & Yorkshire pudding for Lin, Seared Marlin for me) was excellent.  Returned to the room to crash and burn after a long, hard day.

Grenada Hotels & Accommodations review
Nice Resort
First, please remember this was 2000 and lots of things can have changed for better or worse! This resort is (or at least was when we visited) owne… read entire review