Taxi cab confessions

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Recola Cemetery

We went to the Recola cemetary today.  This is where Evita and the rest of Argentina's elite are buried.  Somewhat interesting, but 30 minutes is all you need there.  For lunch, we ate at a nearby restaurant called Buongusto.  I had the quatro queso pasta.  This was one of the best pastas I have had at a restaurant.  Damn tasty, especially for the 12 peso price.

Before dineer we went to the Malba museum.  It housed David Lachapelle's photo collection.  Other than his photos, the museum was not that special.  It contained some local artists, but alone not worth the 12 pesos.

We had the free dinner at the hostel tonight, baked chicken and potatoes.  After dinner, Holly, Donna and I were supposed to meet the rest of the crew at Plaza Cerrano.  We had an interesting cab ride on the way there.  Plaza Cerrano is a large square of bars and restaurants.  We waited for awhile and the crew never showed up.  So we decided to go to Club 69, which was recommended by the hostel on this particular night of the week.  Apparrently this bar has crazy shows on stage with transexuals dancing...yeah my kind of fun.  Well, we never made it, because the cabbie got lost and couldn't find the club.  We drove around for awhile and the fare kept getting higher, so we told him just to take us back to the hostel.  It didnt seem to matter, because i was told the club wasn't that great.

The most famous headstone
The most famous headstone
Malba Museum
Malba Museum
Malba
Malba
Interesting taxi ride
Interesting taxi ride
This is what i missed at club 69?
This is what i missed at club 69?
Jess at Buongusto Restaurant