Dragon City

Ljubljana Travel Blog

We had lunch at Napoli Restaurant.  Huge portions of great tasting food.  I had the peanut spaghetti, which i have never heard of, but it was excellent.  I didnt even come close to finishing my meal.

We decided to explore the capital city by walking and hitting the major attractions.  We walked over the triple bridge, dragon bridge, and walked up to and around Castle Ljubljana.  Next we went to the City Museum.  The cost was 4 euro.  The museum traces Ljubljana's history from the Bronze Age to present day.  You need more than 3 hours at this museum to get the full effect.  One downside to this museum was all the reading.  If you tried to read everything, you would spend a week in there.

Dinner was at Cantina Mexicana.  Skip the chips and queso, it was terrible and expensive.  We split the fajitas for 1 and had a bottle of wine, which came to 35 euro.  Pretty expensive for the quality of the food, but the atmosphere was pretty cool.  The interior could have been confused for any mexican restaurant in Texas.

After dinner, we had some local wine at Dvorni Wine Bar, 4.80 euro per glass.  Finally, we had some late night drinks at an "English pub."  I had Crni Baron, a delicious Slovenian Dark Beer, also known as Temno in Slovenia.

Ljubljana