EuropeGreeceIos

Double Secret Mission

Ios Travel Blog

Mylopotos beach and the cliff jump below

Woke up pretty late today and had to rush down to the beach to make the Canoe Safari, it is actually a kayak trip but hey it's Greece.  I think it was around 15-20 euro per person.  We left around 2pm and kayaked to a secluded beach area with a cliff.  Our guide set up and started making hot dogs on a grill.  After cliff jumping i snorkeled for a bit with the equipment the guide brought.  The water was quite cold and dirty, a combination i am not fond of.  I am probably a bit spoiled from my time on St. Thomas, the water is warm, clean and the visibility is unbeliavable.  After lunch we paddled further to another beach.  Here we hung out for a few hours and the guide supplied toys and such.  Finally, we paddled back to shore, which took about 20 minutes.

Ios at night
  As a thank you, the Canoe Safari gave everyone free shots at Rehab.

Kathryn and i went to Harmony for dinner.  We had the fajitas for 2 for 21 euro, which were pretty good.  Skip the margaritas and sangria, absolutely terrible.  7 fricking euros for a margarita, i should have known better than to order a margarita outside of Texas.

We started the night with shots at Johnny's Electric Bar.  Next was Flames.  Not much going on there so we headed to Slammer Bar, where i used to work.  The bartenders and managers were super cool and gave me sweet discounts on drinks.  We each had the famous slammer hammer shot, imported from Mexico.  This is where the bartender gives you a shot of tequila topped with 7-up and bashes you on the head with a fire hydrant or a very large mallet while wearing a scooter helmet.

Slammer Hammer
  Sounds stupid enough to try, right.  God bless Mexico.  They played great music so we stayed a while and had a great time.  Next we went to Rehab, it was ok, so we claimed our free shot and headed out.

I told Kathryn it was time for the double secret mission, which when i was drunk made perfect sense.  It was our mission to find a donkey and mount it and take a picture.  In Ios the town is crawling with donkey, so how hard could it be to find a mountable donkey.  Well, let me tell you, those guys are pretty fast when the want to be, and they can kick pretty hard as well.  Needless to say, no donkies were mounted during the making of this travelouge.

Mylopotos beach and the cliff jump…
Mylopotos beach and the cliff jum…
The smallest door in the world