Tapas & Wine for the end of the day :P

Quito Travel Blog

yes! the wine!
It was about 7pm when we arrived to the hostel. Well the drive from Mitad del Mundo to Quito doesn't take that long usually, but Shawn wanted to show Jen around :) Traffic in Quito can be really bad, but it was Sunday, so we could drive without much problems. Finally we arrived to La Mariscal and to our hostel. The administrator was a bit worried for us. I told him we'd arrive around 4pm and he was afraid we wouldn't show up. No way! He should have trusted us :)

We went to our rooms to unpack and fresh up. We'd meet at 8 in order to look for a place to have dinner. Where could we go? I remember last time, Jerry told me about a place for tapas & wine. That sounded perfect for me! Shawn asked Jen and guess what, she has also heard about this place, hahaha.
So the decision was obvious, we went straight there. In our way we saw the glittery place I've been told last time I was in town and I wanted so bad to try it... but wine and tapas were already in my mind. What to do? Idea! Make a reservation for dinner next day and be sure to get a table next with view of the streets. So we stopped there just for me to book a table for the 3 of us, hehehe. Haven't even had dinner and were already planning dinner next day, hahaha, so me, hahaha.

After the short stop, we went to the Tapas & Wine place. There you pay a fee and they will keep serving wine and bringing tapas, yummy! Jen had merlot while Shawn and me got Chardonnay. It was a bit chilly outside, but inside was warm and cozy. I liked this place. Wine was good and food was yummy too! It was nice to sit down and chill out with a glass of wine and perfect company.

We started to plan the next day. It'd be great for Jen to go to the Teleferiqo and get a great view of the city and the surrounding volcanos. I have already been there and since I was looking for a big backpack. I might go for a backpack, while they go to the teleferiqo. We'll see tomorrow. Right now, was more about enjoying a nice evening and no stress. We could think about that tomorrow morning.

It was about 11pm when we arrived to our hostel. I was tired and ready to go to bed...
yadilitta says:
hehehe, it was a fun night indeed!
Posted on: Sep 11, 2009
NinjaFer says:
OH,what a fun night...I think Shawn and I had a little too much wine though!
Posted on: Sep 09, 2009
yadilitta says:
thanks roomy, was a lovely evening :)
Posted on: Sep 04, 2009
first tapas!
first tapas!
Quito Hostels review
Perfect budget accomodation in La Mariscal - Hostal Alcala
We were looking for a nice place to stay at La Mariscal, but didn't want to spend much money. Fortunately, we found this great place. I haven't he… read entire review
Quito Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tapas & Wine in La Mariscal - Latitud
If you like wine and tapas, this is the perfect place for you. They are located at the square in the party town of the city. The location is very n… read entire review
photo by: Bluetraveler