Taking a break in the middle of the world :)

Mitad del Mundo Travel Blog

crowded square
We told the guy at the hostel in Quito that we'd arrive around 4pm. It was 4pm and we were just arriving to Quito, to the north part of town, mmm. Jen didn't know much about Ecuador, but was 100% sure she wanted to visit Mitad del Mundo and since we were so close to it, let's go there right now!

This was my 2nd time here, so I wasn't as excited as first time, taking many many pics. When I was here it was a weekday, but today was Sunday and the quiet square was crowded and there was live music there too! It looked so different. As usual there were tourists, but also a lot of local people just having fun there.

After walking around and get the traditional pictures, we went to a small bar and got a beer.
Me, Jen & Shawn
This time we'd try another brand. It was tasty and was great being able to say, we toasted in the middle of the world! Yay! It was cloudy and started to get a bit windy. Pfff, Quito might be cooler in the evening.

Shawn asked me if I went to the "real" Equator Line. There's a museum not even 5min away from Ciudad del Mundo. Really? Let's go there! We were about going inside when a rude lady came and closed the door right in front of us. She just said: "too late. It's past 5. Come tomorrow!" OMG! So rude! I understand it was late, but she could have been more polite and say: "Sorry guys. It's too late, I'm afraid you'd have to come back tomorrow." That would have sound so much different!

Oh well! you can't have everything. I guess I should come back for the Real Equator line, but when the rude lady is not there :P
nice church
at the Sun Museum
at the Sun Museum
inside the sun museum
inside the sun museum
doing the tests to prove if that w…
doing the tests to prove if that …
Mitad del Mundo