Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls

Niagara Falls Travel Blog

I went to school at Oswego State University, which is on the New York side of Lake Ontario, 45 minutes North of Syracuse. Those four years were the most formative and fun years of my life. They were so care free and enjoyable. I of course, was a frat boy, so I would visit different schools to attend events held by other chapters of my fraternity. I loved traveling to Boston, but my second favorite place to travel was Buffalo! The bros up there were really cool and loved to take visitors to Niagara Falls (the Canadian Side) for the day. In fact this was technically my first foreign trip and I didnt even have to take a plane to do it. lol. We would rent a church style van, pack it up, and shoot for the border.
Once we cleared it was party time....and party we did! I grew fond of the place and decided to take a trip down memory lane, but this time with my family.

I wanted to keep the feel authentic, so we drove up there. Well driving to the border is not as easy from Brooklyn, NY as it was from Buffalo...haha. It took nearly 7 hrs. We spent the night at a hotel in the Syracuse area and continued from there the next morning. Once we got to the hotel, we settled in, washed up, and hit the downtown area for a bite. The place is so touristy, but its fun. Once our bellies were full, we made it to the Falls. I had been to this place several times before, but never took the opportunity to get a first hand look at the falls, because we were too busy checking out the ladies and getting bombed.
..haha. Well I was here as a true tourist this time and I wanted to get my waterfall on, so we jumped on the boat. The force of the water is truely a miraculous force of nature. You can feel the power, fury, and rush of the falls even before you get close. In fact, we had to put on ponchos to keep from getting drenched. Im sure there are waterfalls much more elaborate that Niagara Falls, but I would definitely recommend a visit. If you dont want to travel to Canada you can do it from the New York side as well. In fact, you can scale the wall of the falls from the NY Side.

Once we completed our tour, we headed back to the room. I jumped in the jacuzzi for some rejuvenation and headed to the Casino to get my gamble on. Im not a huge gambler, but I enjoyed myself. Casinos are always so beautiful and elaborate, so they are nice to wander through even if your not gambling. After a long day, we headed back to the room for some shut eye, and drove back to NYC the following morning. It was a nice getaway!