Windsor

Windsor Travel Blog

Windsor Castle
On our first day in Europe, and England, shortly after arriving at Heathrow and going through the "painful" process of customs, we ventured to Windsor castle and the surrounding area. The first thing we did, since it was so early, and to avoid future lines, was tour the castle. Its the first one I've ever been into, so I was expecting a cross between Hogwarts medieval, and the beauty of Versailles. I suppose it was somewhat accurate. There is of course, a medieval influence with the weapons, etc., but there are loads of lovely paintings, carpets, furniture. It was nice but I probably wouldn't want to live there.

Apparently the chapel inside Windsor grounds is quite amazing, but we didn't have a chance to go in. If I ever go back, I'll be sure to go inside.

My favorite part of the day was exploring outside the castle, the walls of it, and all the shops around. I love shopping, and it was fun being able to walk after such a long flight.

We also went on the Ferris Wheel, which gave a great view of the castle, great place to get pictures. I believe it was 6.50 pounds, but that might have been the student rate, I dunno.
Windsor Castle phone booth