Gearing up to leave. Trip starts May 26, 2007

San Diego Travel Blog

Just about set for the big trip. All the rooms are booked and the dive shops staked out. We leave on Saturday, May 26 in the evening and head for Fiji. An overnight flight that will cross the International Date Line, so we will be arriving in the morning of May 28 "one day before my 40th Birthday. I am not sure whether to celebrate my birthday in California time (where I was born) or local time in Fiji. I probably won’t really care as long as I am having a good time! This trip will set all kinds of records for me. The most prominent being number of places in the shortest time, and the longest of: trip, distance covered and time off from work. I’m taking three weeks to do it. Yes, ten cities in three weeks. But we will be mostly sticking to the coast, and will be taking in a lot of diving along the way. Nevertheless some cities will be quick stays. There will also be a motorcycle trek in Australia. At least we are moving west, so jet lag should be minimal.
brendajmartin says:
You definitely know how and WHERE to party. Happy Birthday. The ocean gods were happy with their gifts?
Posted on: May 31, 2007
auntali says:
Don't "hold your horses" and stay
Today's the big day, Hurray
Grab your packed gear, don't delay
"Buddy Up" often along the way
The preview was good,
We'll wait for the trailer
Leave your mark as you go
Light for the dark,bright for the paler Know when to leave, and where you are going Have fun, be safe, it's all in the knowing
Posted on: May 26, 2007