Going by train on myself for the first time in my life

Bangkok Travel Blog

My first train ticket

In the next morning it was time for me to say goodbye and i had to get home, but how? Suddenly I had the obvious idea to take the train!!! It's been a while since i took the train in Thailand. I can't remember, I guess as a little child. I always asked my mum when we will take the train again. My mum answered me "I don't know how and where we can go by train?!"

That was my chance to take the train in Thailand and that for the first time in my life!!! I felt a bit afraid because Bangkok is a big city and i never took the train before by my own. It was also the first time in my life that i was alone in an area i have never been before. So i took a cab to the Railway station Hua Lampong and i asked for a train to Don Muang. The great thing was, that my train left in 5 min and the ticket cost only 5 Baht!!! The train took around 1 hour from one end of Bangkok to the other end. Now I felt strong and brave and of course a bit afraid too but it was a good feeling to manage things alone.

I arrived at home and i showed my train ticket to my mum and my grandma. They were amazed and very proud that i went by train alone and that i found the way home!!! Why shouldn't I found the way home?!

I did it!

I was very proud of myself that i managed it by my own and that i got save at home!!! But for the next time i prefer the bus or the cab ;)

It was a hot and a long experience!!!

Kju says:
To Ayutthaya it's also an hour from DonMuang maybe next time but with an aircon train!!! ;)
Posted on: Sep 09, 2009
newtampo says:
nice solo short trip!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2009
aiohdmg says:
Hahahaha...I PROUD ON U TOO..
nexttime, i suggest u to take the train to Ayutthaya :)
Posted on: Sep 03, 2009