Back to San Jose

San Jose Travel Blog

I had a couple of hours to kill before i got back onto a plane for the five hour trip home so we decided to spend the afternoon in San Jose.  The city itself is about 2km long, so once we figured out how to navigate the one ways and location of the parking garages we spent the afternoon walking around and hit most of the 'tourist attractions' in the city.  If I was to recommend the perfect length of a stay in San Jose I'd say one night...maybe two.  You can definitely see just about everything in the city just by walking around downtown.  We happened upon a little art tent/market just east of the pedestrian shopping district which provided some interesting local craftwork.

One word of warning if you're driving or looking for parking;  street signs are on the side of some buildings...for some streets...on some blocks, so it may take some time to get your bearings when navigating the one way streets.  But don't worry too much, the town isn't that big.  We got lost and ended up on the completely wrong side of town when we needed to get back to the airport.  It took about 20min to make it all the way back through the town (East to West) in traffic.

San Jose