Off for my weekend back in Italy

Strasbourg Travel Blog

So after class, I went back to the hotel to my stuff and walked over to the train station. This would be my first overnight train ! I was so excited ! I had to transfer trains twice in Basel and then in Bern and here is where I got on the night train. It was soo cool ! I felt like I was in an Agatha Christie Novel ! I got into cabin with an Italian mom and her 2 kids (all three were in bed already but awake) and 2 boys from China. The beds fold down from the wall, I was in the middle.  I didn't really sleep well, not because it wasn't comfortable (ok so it wasn't sooo comfortable) but because I was excited to go back to Italy and didn't want to sleep though my stop (I had over 7 hours till I got there). I soon realized I didn't have to worry about this because when we got to Bologna (the stop where the 2 Chinese guys were getting off). The guy who checked my ticket when I got on the train opened the door of the cabin  switched on all the lights shouted at them that there stop was coming and gave them both brioche rolls for breakfast and asked if they wanted coffee. I couldn't go back to sleep after this so I got up to go freshen up in the washroom and look out the windows. My train headed into Camp di Marte instead of the main Santa Maria Novella Station. My friend met me here and we took a cab to my hotel. What a fun experience.
Strasbourg