Night in London

London Travel Blog

I flew from the Pisa airport to Gatwick and had to spend the night in London. I called hotels in the area and found a hotel close by to spend the night. I had a handful of euros on me and exchanged them for pounds in the airport before I hopped on the bus to the hotel. I checked in ordered some dinner and tried to find something on tv, but there wasn't much to choose from, and 3 of the channels had scary movies playing ! (not a fan) So I headed to bed early. After paying for room service, I realized I had used all of my pounds and had none left for the bus back to the airport ! I ended up trading some dollars for pounds with the guy at the front desk and got on the next bus. Off to Amsterdam airport and then the Hague ! First stop on my study abroad program. My friend Jylan was supposed to meet me in Amsterdam, she was takign the train from Florence. She thought her train was at 8:00 pm but it was at 18:00 (6 pm) so she missed it and the alternative trains got her in the Netherlands very late so I didn't wait for her in Amsterdam, since it would be hours until she arrived and I took the train to the Hague.

London