I Had To Double - Check

Mumbai Travel Blog

Hey ! I'm in Mumbai !!! For the first time, my flight arrived in the morning, so I was able to get, quite literally, a birds'eye view. The amazing view of what some call a slum or a shanty-town which exists next to the airport runways in Mumbai. Amazing - it's vast takes on " a city within a city " existence. These are not unusual - in fact, quite the norm. It has been said that in the past, plans to relocate the slumdwellers to more conventional housing has been flawed and without much success. I have no real firsthand knowledge of this, only what has been related to me by friends who do live in Mumbai and Bandra. Nevertheless, I'm here and happy to be here. It's one step along the way and one I always look forward to with great enthusiasm. India is an assault on the senses, that's not to be argued. It's also a land of great extremes, whether one is talking food ( spicy and then unbelievably sweet ), socio - economically ( the gut wrenching poverty vs. the eye popping displays of wealth and privilege ), etc. I will recover the camera from my bags later. I know it's in there and I intend to post often. But, for now...I am safe and sound in Incredible India, as the ads so rightly say !
travelman727 says:
I know it's nice to have the arrival behind you! Now comes the FUN; enjoy your wonderful adventures :-D
Posted on: May 17, 2007