Koksijde vs Bruges

Koksijde Travel Blog

Last weekend, i did my first trip to the beligum westcoast. a lot of people from luxembourg, and the neighbour-countries are attracted to the belgium shore. i first thought that those vacations would be for low-budget-tourists, however after my first 24hours, i had to realize, that i’ve spent more money for food in the koksijde area, than i’ve spent on my last trip to paris. in my opinion, the coast of belgium isn’t really a must-see. it looks so unaesthetic, and charmless, compared to other bay areas in europe. on saturday, we went to bruges. after i’ve watched the movie “in bruges” (which one belonged to my favorite movies of 2008), i really had to see bruges. i really like the city, not only because of the movie, but while we were moving forward in bruges, walking alonge the rives, crossing the bridges… we quickly recognized what ’s so special about this medieval city.
lunapark in koksijde
i can imagine that the city looks even more fairytale-like during christmas time. the shops are classy, and so are the little streets, which lead from one bridge to another. bruges was the only good thing i will keep in mind about the north-west of belgium.

Koksijde can be fun... if you wanna go to the beach on a weekend, without driving south to italy or spain. from my hometown in luxembourg, it tooks 3 hours to arrive at the belgium's seaside. in summertime, it can be fun, if you wanna have a good time on a beach, getting drunk in the evening, and doing some shopping or sightseeing the day after. i was told that the chill and windy air, would be pretty healthy for your immune system and your lungs. well so after all, it can't be that bad over there:). however i wouldn't book a 1 week vacation in summer. as already said, a weekend would be alright!
kosijde shore