The train and subsequent arrival

Irkutsk Travel Blog

The next day we got up at some unreasonable hour and they packed. Then instead of leaving for the station Natasha insisted that we wait around for about an hour doing nothing. Once Natasha deemed that we could leave we had about 10 minutes to get to the train before it left. We rushed to the train station (about 1.5 blocks away) and both tom and I managed to hurt oursleves carrying the bags (tom's back my knee). once again I carried half of their bags and my own as well. Once inside the train station we met an official who seemed to want to turn us away but allowed us to get on the train shouting "you come sooner next time" at us. No kidding we could have if Natasha would have let us. We got settled in on the train and the next 2.5 days passed slowly. Each night we were woken as we entered Mongolia and Russia respectively. Once we got to Irkutsk we were met at the station by a friend of natasha's, alexander, and loaded our stuff into his car. I had understood that we would be staying in natasha's flat until we sold it but the people who had stayed in it were still moving out so we stayed with natasha's friends; Maria and Alexander.
Irkutsk