EuropeItalyRome

Pantheon and Party

Rome Travel Blog

Trevifountain

Beep Beep, I looked around with my sleepy head. All I saw were more sleepy heads looking around. When we realized what the sound was somebody pressed the snooze button on his phone. Morning already? It was a short night. This day we wanted to see the other 'must sees' in Rome, because tomorrow we would leave again. As I looked at the photo's of last night I saw that we went to the Pantheon last night. But it was dark and we wanted to see it clear in daylight. So we decided to go to the Pantheon and also the Trevifountain was on our list. After again an awful breakfast we walked to the metro station and went to piazza Barberini. To get to the Trevifountain you just have to follow all the guided tours and groups of tourist which will automatically lead you to the fountain.

Pantheon
The Trevifountain is beautiful. And it is busy. There are so many people on that little square in front of the fountain.

After enjoying the fountain and the nice weather we went on to the Pantheon. I think the Pantheon is the most beautiful building in Rome. It is so big and impressive. I can't imagine how the Romans could built such a structure 2000 years ago. But they did. So we sat outside the pantheon just chilling wondering what we would do next. We decided to go to the main shopping street, Via Del Corso. When we arrived there we did not feel like we really wanted to shop. We walked on all the way to Piazza Del Popolo and got some bread from a store over there. We walked into a park, where we had a really nice view of the Piazza, and sat down again. We sat there for an hour or something.
We before a night full of partying
We ate our bread and took the metro back to our hotel.

As we walked via Vatican City to our hotel we saw that there was almost no line to get into the St. Pieter (big vatican church). When we would come home again after this fantastic holiday, we wanted to tell our parents that we'd seen everything. Thus we went inside the Vatican basilica. I had already seen it before, my friends did not. But we all were'nt very impressed. It was just another church, just a little bit bigger. After some snapshots for the people at home we got out again. Now it was time to sleep, and we did.

Gaaaap, (dutch yawn). When I stretched out my arms and looked around in the room the rest was still sleeping. What time was it? Oh no, it was already eight o'clock, time to eat and go out. That was the best 'going out night' of that week. We had a fantastic evening. Walking to the bridge we were the days before, we met some American boys who were really cool. Together we got into the Roman nightlife and made a lot of friends and drank lots of beers. Nice!

Rome