Stopover in Shenzhen

Shenzhen Travel Blog

I arrived back in the Shenzhen airport and needed a hotel.  After getting the tourist rates (which are always higher than the actual fee at the hotel, at least in my experience), I decided to just hop on the bus and head toward the airport, in hopes of finding a hotel for the night.  After riding the bus for about 80 minutes, I heard a girl speaking English and asked her if we were near the airport.  I had seen signs, but nothing for a while.  After talking for a while, she offered to get off with me and help me find a hotel.  Using her airport employee discount (she does the security checks), she got me a discount at a hotel near the airport.

I spend that night getting some much needed rest and eating at a local restaurant.  With no English menu, I relied on my chinese and settled for fried noodle with beef.  The staff talked with me in Chinese, and I answered when I could.  I asked for the internet for my room, and the hotel used their translation computer program to notify me that the lan cable was in the top drawer.  The hotel, which was named, I believe, Hotel Vienna, was extremely nice and helpful, even though they didn't speak any English.  And, I was so close to the airport, that I ended up walking there the next morning.

photo by: darlingwish