Back to Beijing

Beijing Travel Blog

I woke up from the long train ride, which, although clean, quiet, and generally nice, still had small cramped beds.  Being on the top and having my bag with me, I found it hard to get a good night's rest.  Everything else, though, went pretty smoothly.

Exiting the train station, I was looking for some kind of transportation to the airport.  However, at Beijing West, there was no information desk.  There were police, but they didn't speak English.  I tried saying airport in Chinese, but I had no idea of his response.  I ended up exiting the train station and looking for some information.  Seeing an international hotel, I sought advice there.  The staff gave me the name of another hotel and loose directions.  However, I must have headed the right way, because I saw the hotel I was searching for.  I mentioned airport, and one of the receptionists left her station behind the desk and walked me outside to which I saw two buses with airport shuttle written on the side.  An hour and 16 RMB later, I arrived at the airport.  Albiet, at the wrong terminal.

photo by: Eric