ONE DAY IN HILO, BIG ISLAND then bye hawaii...

Hilo Travel Blog

august 7th- my final full day. morning at 5am, i was picked up from my hotel to hop on mokelule airlines(sp?) to fly to big island. made two new friends, a couple from Singapore. the coupled remembered me from the pearl harbor tour. apparently they were in my group and i didn't even notice. it was beautiful...nature is my favorite. weather was gloomy....the storm named Felicia was closer to the big island which probably affected the weather. tour guide was boring, spotted lots of folks fell asleep. we stopped by the "nut house" as the tour guide called it. the nut house (while giggling) was the Mona Loa nuts. we gotten to sample some nuts. After that we stopped by a flower shop. Then we finally went to where the volcanos were and stopped there for lunch. (lunch not provided) The roads to the volcano was not narrow nor bumpy at all which was surprising. i wanted a bumpy, pothole filled, and narrow roads to the volcanoes.

august 8th- Saturday morning i packed up and was very sad to leave............leaving....leaving.....leaving....gotten teary eyed. i don't want to go back to los angeles. noooo.

new friends, beautiful picture-esque places, very cool and good looking hawai'ian natives ohh laaa laaa, and laid-back tourists. i hope to be back in febrary 2010 to meet more people at the travbuddy meet-up. hopefully to experience the night life as well! a bar will do. i'll be sure to bring my going out outfits!
Hilo