Oahu and Big Island

Honolulu Travel Blog

august 4th- from maui island hop to Oahu. i've been to honolulu before so i knew what to expect. crowds? somewhat and again not as worst then what i have at home in los angeles. a metropolitian city. i didn't rent a car in honolulu and i have forgotten how torturing it was to walk hahaha. i'm very much accustomed to drive everywhere. public transportation isn't exactly my way of getting around. sure they've got traffic but again it is not as bad as here, i could bare their traffic. the shuttle took me to my hotel, yes this time i stayed in a real hotel called hawaii prince hotel waikiki. got into my room and holy crap this is fancy for me. a large king sized bed just for me, a very large bathroom (oh my goodness), clean, and the best part was the harbor view of ala mai harbor! awesome! the windows can actually open to get the fresh air breeze too!! wow it was definitely worth the money and to add this hotel wasn't expensive at all.
i paid about the same rate for the apartment in maui but this hotel exceeded my expectations. the down part was there is no kitchenette so i had to find food outside. luckily in every corner you will find an ABC store to buy snacks and food. this store is spotted every corner!

august 5th- expedia breakfast orientation. this was a gratis orientation for people who booked the trip w/ expedia. blah blah blah i knew where i wanted to go so i made reservations to see pearl harbor the next day and the last day to island hop to the big island for some volcano action. after expedia's breakfast orientation they had us do a tour of maui jewelers where they give you a tour of how their pearls and corals are made into jewelry like necklaces, rings, and etc. i was bored out of my skull and the lady at the jewelry counter showed me some pearls and corals. again i was bored out of my mind, i have no interest in expensive jewelry when i'm traveling. i proceeded on walking past them as soon as i can and they shuttled me back to my hotel. i didn't go explore their night life in waikiki but i sure did wanted to! waikiki looks like a place to socialize. i didn't know where the bars were and i didn't know if they had live music venues. hopefully my next visit back to waikiki i can experience the night life and see how it differs from los angeles. does waikiki have live music??

i'm feeling lazy to write more. oh my gosh. hahaha.

Honolulu Hotels & Accommodations review
Clean hotel
the best thing about this hotel was the view of the Harbor! i paid a little more to get a room with fantastic harbor view and ocean view. the window i… read entire review
photo by: crystalware