Las Vegas Adventure Day 1

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Las Vegas Adventure 2006

Well here it is people, I did spend time in Las Vegas. Just along with 90% of anyone else who lives in North America goes to Las Vegas. Everyone at some point or another has gone to Las Vegas. Everyone has had a different type of adventure here. So It would seem quite boring as everyone has had different experiences.

I decided to do this blog of Las Vegas as I did go here, figure I do it to say I seen it and to enjoy it as an adult as I had come when I was 12, too young to enjoy it.

Anyhow here is the start of my story of Las Vegas.

I flew to get to Las Vegas, the airline Northwest out of Thunder Bay. I get on the plane Mesaba which is a small 30 seater twin prop and fly to Minneapolis airport.

Caesars Palace
On board the plane I made the mistake of drinking coffee. Well it turns out the bathroom on the plane was out of service. I had to go pee really bad. I was at the point, I was tempted to pee into the vents on the floor near the seat. We land at the Minneapolis airport and board a bus to get to the terminal. The bumps are almost unbearable when you need a bathroom. I am totally sweating with stress at this point. At the terminal, up an elevator and I immediately run into the nearest bathroom. I get into the stall and realize I am in the women’s bathroom, oops. I make my business then just leave. I check through immigration without any problems and retrieve me bag. I then make my way to the next departure gate and then board a large jet with Northwest Airlines. The flight here is quite good, but all snacks you had to pay about 6 bucks for everything.
Bellagio

On approach to Las Vegas, I can see the Hoover Dam for the first time, quite cool. We land at the Airport in Las Vegas and I get off the plane. I grab by bags and then get into the taxi line, I take the taxi to the strip in Vegas to my hotel, Imperial Palace. The taxi driver gives me his card and tells me to call him with all my vacation troubles. I get into the check out counter which is in the middle of the noisy casino. I then make my way up the slow elevators and to my room.

Well at this time I was hungry for lunch, I then go walk in hotel for place to eat. I go eat at the Burger Palace which is located in the casino. I have some burger and Pepsi and its not bad at all. From here I decide it is time to go an explore the city.

I make my way out of hotel and on to the strip.

I spend the entire afternoon walking into and out of all the hotels and casino. Very neat to see all of these places all over again. Went to Mirage and saw the White Tigers, to Caesars Palace and enjoyed the shopping area and the big fancy casino. To Venetian and enjoyed the replica of Venice with recreated Canals here. Go to New York New York and enjoy the recreation of downtown Manhattan. I go to the Monte Carlo and have a few beers at the microbrewery here. Quite cool, as the names of the beers are after gaming things such as the Jackpot Pint and the Poker Surprise. It is about 110 degrees F outside and its amazing, hot, how I like it.

Later in the evening I go back to New York New York and check out the bar Coyote Ugly. Quite a small place and its nice there was no cover.

However upon entry I find drinks start at 13 bucks, so I had to be careful. The local scenery was ok but only the staff as the clientele was mostly guys, so nothing to see here.

I leave here and continue to wander the strip, I head off to the Luxor and Mandalay Bay and see the fake beach they have here. I make it to the casino area and hang out at the bars with the live bands here as it is a Friday night. Quite cool.

It is really late now, however I make a long walk back and head to Caesars Palace to the casino for a while. I play on the slots for awhile on the 25 cent machines. I do well here as I win a few jackpots and found myself up by 2000 bucks. Not bad at all. So from here I decide I will quit while I am ahead and leave. I walk across the street to my hotel, Imperial Palace.

At this time it is about 330 am so almost time for bed. As I was getting into the elevator, this girl pushes her way in to it. By the way she is dressed, she looks like she could be a so called “Business women”. Well it turns out she is as she tries to sell her services on me, I tell her no thanks. But out of curiosity I asked how much someone like that charges in Las Vegas. She told me for me she would charge me about $2000 for a half an hour. The exact amount of money I had won in the casino. She must have had followed me and watched. Anyhow, the lowdown is I told her no thanks and that was the end of it.

Off to bed and off for another Las Vegas Adventure tomorrow.

first view of the strip
Excalibur
Excalibur
Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
Las Vegas In a Classic Form
I stayed at Imperial Palace in August of 2006. This hotel has been reviewed many times. Even though so many people go to Las Vegas I will still give y… read entire review
Las Vegas