Goodbye Newfoundland

Corner Brook Travel Blog

 › entry 10 of 11 › view all entries
The days slipped by i went to a horrible movie with Melba that was part of the womans film festival and both Shelly and Areika left. Lenka arrived and we started canning a lot of veggies becasue  the crops were pretty well done we made it out to the womans film festival again and this time the movies were great knocked the other show right out of the water. they were all shorts on Nefoundland it was so funny. The next day we went for a hike with East Coast Trail Association from La Maunch to Brigus South great group of poeple who let us stop at all the view points it was a great hike but we both came down with a rough cold the following day. Jakob arrived at the farm he was from Eastern Germany and was planning to stay for Four months i gave him the low down and then headed out soon after doing a katimavik presintation in mount pearl for Odeanal highschool(on the way to it we got a flat tire but i still arrived on time because i made him leave extra early). I finally made it to the GeoCenter which i was disappointed in. I spent that night at Roberts the man i met in Gros Morne we had a great dinner watched a good documentary on a singer song writer from one of the Gulf Islands. The next morning they dropped me and lenka at a gas station and we headed out together that only lasted half an hour since we didn't get picked up i headed out first and got a whole bunch of really short rides ending in Corner Brook I got stuck.... spent my night in a macdonalds till 12 then made my way down to a tim hortons there some newfies invited me out to a halloween party i eventually went for half an hour then headed back to the tim hortons where i spent the rest of my night they let me sleep and gave me breakfast. Thank you Tim hortons: a halloween spent in a warm place. I got back out on the road early in the morning and it was pouring eventually made it to Port aux Basquse where i used the terminal as a cloths hangger i got there at 11:30am and watched the ferry leave and had to wait 12 hours in that terminal till the next boat came. I did meet the lady who hired me to do the Katimavik thing she gave me a sweater and the book Katima-What. Then i slept.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Corner Brook
photo by: AndyBrook