Departure and Arrival

Dallas Travel Blog

Richard and I left for Dallas, Texas early Thursday morning.  Our flight was at 6:25am and we arrived at DFW around 11:30am central time.  This is the first vacation that I have taken with Richard alone and our first time flying together!  AND of course, it is mY first visit to Texas and to Richard's relative's home!  The flight was on time although it felt like a long time... and the landscape that we saw while landing at DFW was a much more pleasant sight than what we saw while leaving CA -- large open areas of green, long winding roads, large bodies of water too (lakes)!!

Alec, Richard's cousin, picked us up from the airport and drove us to a restaurant called "Clay Pot" for lunch.  It was Indian cuisine, buffet style, and it was super good!! I've eaten at indian buffets in pasadena before, and those were also good, but this one was just as comparably tasty! Maybe I just really like indian food... Anyway, we were pretty full after lunch so we decided to skip the suggested yogurt Richard's cousins wanted to have afterwards.  Oh, and I must mention that Richard's other cousin, Richard, also joined us for lunch.  YES, he and his other cousin have the same name!

We were able to settle down at Richard's uncle's house following lunch.  The houses here look pretty nice.  In their neighborhood most of the house's exterior facades are made of brick, various colors for each house, but resembling a sort of country style.  Anyway, we were showed our room and were able to relax for a bit.  We played with their 12yr old dog Remy, played Street Fighter IV on xbox and watched a movie, and went online for a bit.... :D

Soon it was dinner time! We ate at TGI Friday's in a city adjacent to Dallas.  We met up with cousin Alec's friends; it was a large dinner party! Everyone was super nice to us californians and made us very welcome.  The appetizers and drinks were great! After hanging out for a while we went to see the midnight showing of the movie District 9 -- about a community of aliens or "prawns" living in S.Africa and yeah. It was action packed and kinda gross in many ways.. it was an interesting movie. Alec and Richard liked it, I think it was okay.

Overall, it was a really long day! We were really tired and super sleepy when we got back to the house!
photo by: chiyeh