Kansas City's Intrigue

Kansas City Travel Blog

Fast forward a day, we are now in Kansas City.  Though I have been here a number of times before, this time I was not rushed through the open air markets. I was able to enjoy the many vendors, fresh coffee, and sounds of people enjoying themselves.

The sun was out, walkways were dry, and the bustle of buyers never let on that the city stood still just one day before paralyzed by rain.  The Italian bakery here was fantastic! The smells pouring out of this place reached every corner of this open air market and the lines to buy there were deep.  I HAD to have a piece of their Tiramisu so I joined the throngs of people who discovered this treasure before me.  It was well worth the wait.

Just around the corner from the Italian bakery was a coffee place that did their own bean roasting.  What better pairing with Tiramisu than a fresh, aromatic coffee!  What a pair!!

I was amazed at the variety in this outdoor market.  From Arabic to Greek to Italian, to Vietnamese, the selection to choose from was enormous.  With colorful friends, veggies, and flowers in every direction, an artist could not have painted a more colorful landscape.

I love this permanent farmer's market that is open year round. Fresh friends, vegetables, flowers, spices, and ethnic foods represented so many countries.  Even a wine shop here carried local varietal wines.

So interesting, delicious, and a joy to explore.