Wedding in the Main Tower

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

In the morning my unofficial bridesmaids (you don't technically have them in Germany) came over to make sure I looked the part for the wedding and did my hair and helped me into the dress. I usually don't wear dresses at all, last time I was 5 years old and my mother could still force me into one. After I grew too strong and able to resist I never wore a dress again so this was strange for me but even I have to say I looked good in it.

We then drove to the Main Tower, one of the skyscrapers in Frankfurt, where the ceremony was to be held on the 53rd floor. There we met up with the groom and all the remaining guests and rode up to the top to get married. The ceremony was quite brief and then we signed all the official documents.
After thie official part we lingered a little in the TV studio which serves as a trgistry office as well before going up to the viewing platform to take pictures and then to the bar and restaurant, also on the 53rd floor, for a champagne reception and buffet. The quality of the food and also their non-alcoholic alternative to champagne was very good and the guests seemed quite impressed, both with the views and with what was on offer up there.

Then we relocated after a short break and went to the Sachsenhäuser Warte (you can read my review of the Sachsenhäuser Warte in my Frankfurt blog), the evening venue, an old guard tower that has been converted into a restaurant that serves Frankfurt specialities. There we had a 3 course meal that was extremely filling, especially also because it was so hot on that day and so people just didn't feel all that hungry. For the same reason the guests didn't really dance at all and I felt quite sorry for the DJ. But it was just far too hot inside and everyone relocated into the courtyard outside and we continued the party there instead. A little later we then cut the cake, which I had baked myself the day before. After our guests had left, Matthew and I delivered the presents and cards to my family's house and then left for the Hotel am Berg, where we stayed for the wedding night, before dosappearing off on honeymoon early the next morning.
Frankfurt am Main Hotels & Accommodations review
Quirky hotel in Frankfurt
The "Hotel am Berg" is located in Sachsenhausen, a southern district of Frankfurt. It is close to public transport, e.g. the subway, and about 20 minu… read entire review