Back in the UK

Staines Travel Blog

We finally (?) arrived back in the UK after a lot of travelling in the last few days. It's nice to be able to relax again but I also have a deflated feeling, I guess because this trip was so great and I actually don't really want to be back. I'm already making plans to return sometime, hopefully quite soon, and maybe we'll even have a chance to stay longer next time. Someone said that even ten days on Kaua'i would be too much and that you'd get bored. I coudn't disagree more. There's so much to do on that island and it's such a beautiful place, I could stay forever!

*        *        *

I wanted to make a list with a all the things I would like to do the next time I visit Kaua'i but then realised that lists are made up of reviews only. As I can't review anything I haven't done yet I'm doing the list here, as a reminder to myself for the next trip ;-)

Things left to do on Kaua'i

• Hike the entire Kalalau trail, including the two side trails, and camp on Kalalau beach
  • Go on a helicopter or plane ride over the island
  • Kayak on Wailua river
  • Learn to surf
  • Hike several of the other trails on the island, especially around the Waimea Canyon and in the north shore area
  • Check out Ke'e beach early in the morning for snorkeling
photo by: jennjeff1