Greatest bus ride of my life

Amman Travel Blog

The next day we headed off on the minibus to Amman.  It was only 5 dinar a piece, but totally crowded.  The only downside was the horrendous noise coming from the speakers, I found out later it was a cassette tape.  Anyways, the ride back was only about 3 hours and pretty painless.  For some reason in Jordan it seems that people smoke cigarettes more than they inhale regular air.  Luckily this tradition keeps up while riding in the minibus with the windows up.

Once there we went to the Palace hotel.  It was a good price and in a pretty central part of downtown.  It's no palace, but it was pretty nice, and the pillows were actually soft so I was happy.  From there we wandered down to the Roman Ampitheatre.  I think it was 1 dinar to get in, and that was for the 2 museums as well!  So we spent the afternoon wandering the small museums, sitting around the theatre, then relaxing in the park and drinking mint tea.  Amman was a great little city and easy to get around.  The food and people were excellent, I wish we had more time there.  But alas we had to fly out the next day to Cairo.  So to celebrate our last night we partied it up with mixed fruit smoothies and fell asleep by 10pm.  We're lame.  Next up, Cairo!!

Amman