Off to Amman, or so I thought

Dhahran Travel Blog

So it's the night of the 24th and I've finished packing.  We spent 2 weeks in Saudi Arabia relaxing with Jordan's family.  Anyways...I awake early in the morning to catch the taxi to Bahrain where our flight is scheduled to leave.  Everything was running smoothly as we headed towards the border.  Then when I handed my passport to the guy, he told me to go inside the other building which is never a good sign.  After some discussion I am told my visa was expired.  Who knew, in English it says 2 months, but in Arabic it says 2 weeks.  So I apologized and offered to pay for my overstay.  Not that easy in Saudi Arabia.  The man tells me I have to go to immigration, and to some other place, blah blah blah.  I try repeatedly to get across but to no avail.  I was a prisoner in Saudi!

So after going to immigration and getting no help, we headed back to the house, where we started the day.  A bit worried and stressed out, we call Jordan's dad.  To make a long story short, we spent the next 3 hours going to different buildings, meeting different people, but finally I got the ok to leave the country!!  By this time we had missed our flight, but I was just happy to leave. So once in Bahrain we celebrated at an Irish pub with some Guinness and fish and chips.  Amman would have to wait until the next day.

photo by: iolakana