Return to Istanbul ,flying back home

Istanbul Travel Blog

Rumeli Hisari from back

On our way to Istanbul, they announced that we will pass through the Dardanelles straits by 4:00-6:30 am, and three war memorials will be visible from the ship, so I decided to take the opportunity and wake up early again to try to shoot them. Apparently only a few persons did the same. Luckily I managed to take photos of Helles Memorial, which is standing on the tip of Gallipoli peninsula, however, the lighting was so poor and the shots were distorted a bit, while for others, for one reason or another I couldn’t see them, the obelisk that is dedicated to the fallen French troops, and the large arch that is dedicated to fallen Turkish troops, it looks I was so sleepy!

Anyway I couldn’t sleep again, I had my coffee and had some photos for sunrise, and as we approached Istanbul, everyone came up to deck 10 shooting the famous sightseeing of Istanbul.

We reached at 2:00 pm, and took us another hour to disembark the ship. We got a taxi to the hotel, had some rest and went for dinner. At the beginning we tried to book at Club 360, a famous panoramic view restaurant in Istiklal Street, however, having a child, and it was Saturday night, it seemed difficult to get booking there. So we booked a dinner in “Dogatepe” restaurant on the top behind Rumeli Hisari, we enjoyed the meal and some photos from there, and as usual, fireworks done several times that night, fireworks on Bosphorus usually mean a wedding celebration.

In the morning, the day we should fly back, we woke up early, and since we had like 10 hours before our flight time, and based on my ladies request, we went to Ortakoy, as every Saturday & Sunday in Ortakoy an outdoors open air market arranged to offer handcrafts and similar items at very good prices, there, we had a bite and a decent walk before we headed back to the hotel, got our luggage then went to the airport, sadly declaring the end of our trip.

Helles Memorial
Helles Memorial
Right side at 5:44am
Right side at 5:44am
Left side at 5:46am
Left side at 5:46am
Fireworks on Bosphorus
Fireworks on Bosphorus
Turkish flag raised as we got clos…
Turkish flag raised as we got clo…
Our Cabin