Mykonos " Tasting the beauty of Greece"

Mykonos Travel Blog

Mykonos at night

Our first destination was to Mykonos, one of the smallest of Cycladic group. Ancient myth says that the rocks strewn across its barren landscape are the solidified remains of the giants slain by Hercules!

We have been told that the money made in July and August from tourism is the money Mykonos people will live on the rest of the year!!  Unfortunately we couldn’t make it to the Island of Delos due to the cruise time table, as we had only 5 hours before we embark to start cruising again.

We walked along the waterfront, where boats dock until we reached Little Venice, a balconied houses and shops of the Alefkandra quarter, with sea lapping below their harbour-side windows, all were white washed. After we bought some souvenirs, we headed to one restaurant to enjoy the sun set and have a snack and a drink.

Some of the cruise group went to the famous Paradise beach and had fun there.

As we were having our drink, we saw the a well known bird “Pelican” an exhausted one, a local fisherman nursed it back to health, and locals say the pelican in the harbour is the original Petros.

missandrea81 says:
Thanks for the tip!! I don't know how warm it will be but I'll keep my eyes open for a nice beach. :)
Posted on: Aug 20, 2009
terry7878 says:
Walking at the waterfront during the sunset, also stopping by Little venice & the windmills they are nice spots for photos too.
If you are looking for beaches, then this is the place, the Island is full of beaches, you just need to know which is restrained and which is designated nudist beaches..
also don't miss purchasing handcrafts, and souvenirs they are so good ,, I hope you enjoy it there
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009
missandrea81 says:
I'll be going here on a cruise myself. Any tips on what not to miss?
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009
Mykonos at night
Our Cruise Ship docked in Istanbul…
Our Cruise Ship docked in Istanbu…
As we cruised away from Istanbul
Our cruise ship at night
The sunset
The sunset
Showing how to prepare Baklava
Showing how to prepare "Baklava"
another cruise ship