Tampa to Dallas Fort Worth

Tampa Travel Blog

Tampa International Airport

The alarm went off early this morning.....3:00am!!  Did not get much sleep thinking about the trip. We got ready and headed downstaris to turn in our room keys. After checkout it was a short walk to the baggage checkin. American Airlines offered two upgrades to first class for $90.00 each to Dallas Fort Worth. I wish it was all the way to Toronto. I've only flown first class once before.

Just say that I understand why we have to do it but I think that everyone hates going thru security checks. And of course as my laptop backpack is going thru the scanner I hear "BAGGAGE CHECK". Here we go.....I had to follow the gentleman to a counter and he went thru my bag and ask me all kinds of questions. Were are you going? How long are you going to be there? What's the weather like there? He then runs it thru the scanner again and comes back saying everything is ok and I was free to go. That's why you need to get to the airport early.

After the security check we stopped at Popeyes and I got bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit with hashbrowns. Mike had the same. I went over to Starbucks and got me a medium iced coffee. We are sitting at the table eating breakfast and I'm updating me Travbuddy blog.

My next entry will be from Dallas Fort Worth...up up and away!!

sylviandavid says:
I always get searched too....
Posted on: Sep 23, 2009