Day 4 of East Coast Adventure

Halifax Travel Blog

Day 5 of East Coast Adventure to PEI

Get up this morning and pack my car and then check out of the hotel. The girl at the front desk was quite rude but all well. I make my way up the main highway for a few hours. I find I am on a toll highway and end up paying 4 bucks at a toll booth. On route to PEI I pass into province of New Brunswick. Here I stop at a gas station and get some gas and a bottle of water, as a way to say I touched New Brunswick.

I continue driving then stop at a tourist information place just before the Confederation Bridge. I get a map of Charlottetown, so I wont get lost. I then get onto the famous Confederation Bridge and make my journey into Prince Edward Island, while listening to Britney Spears music. I make it safely across the bridge into Prince Edward Island. I will give you some information about the Confederation Bridge. The Confederation Bridge (French: Pont de la Confédération) is a bridge spanning the Abegweit Passage of Northumberland Strait, linking Prince Edward Island with mainland New Brunswick, Canada.

Confederation Bridge
It was commonly referred to as the "Fixed Link" (cf.
fixed link) by residents of Prince Edward Island prior to its official naming. Construction took place from the fall of 1993 to the spring of 1997, costing C$1.3 billion. The 12.9-kilometre (8 mi) long bridge opened on 31 May 1997[2].

It is the 25th longest bridge in the world.

I then make it to Charlottetown and stop at my hotel, a Thrift lodge. It is a decent place to stay at, with a Tim Horton’s nearby. I go to downtown of the town and walk around for awhile. It is very old and reminds of almost European place almost. With all the pubs and restaurants nearby. I go then down to the water front and check out the big hotel and the boat park area. Lots of people are here doing the same as well, quite a nice town.

Confederation Bridge
Later this evening for dinner, I go to a restaurant called Myron’s, where I have lobster for the first time. It was a nice restaurant and the server girl was very cute. First time with Lobster was nice but I found lobster to be quite bit of work to eat, but worth the work.

Later in the evening I go check out one of the local pubs and take in the Local Celtic music that is played here, quite nice. The pub was full of so many Japanese tourist that it was too funny.

It was a so far a good place to check out, I like PEI so far.

Stay tuned for my next bog of East Coast.

on the bridge