A great road trip wrapped up today.

Excelsior Springs Travel Blog

Kansas historical marker.

It's great to be home although I wish we could travel all the time. I love traveling with my dad. All day, everyday was full of fun and laughs. Yes even when we locked ourselves out of the car. You couldn't ask for a better road trip partner. This was my first road trip and I think it went well. We only really got lost once. Although we felt lost several times ;) My dad and I have always been close and this trip only helped with our relationship. It's amazing how much traveling long distances with someone can make you appreciate them all the more.

South Dakota was a fantastic idea on Dad's part and I'm glad we got a chance to go there. There's a lot of history and culture in that state and being able to immerse yourself in it is a wonderful feeling.

Kansas historical marker.
We were talking and it'd be crazy to go back to Crazy Horse in 10 or 20 years and see the the advances they've made on the sculpture.

Mt. Rushmore was phenomenal! I was completely taken off guard by seeing it for the first time while on Iron Mountain Road. I wasn't expecting it at all and it made it all the more special. Sometimes I think people don't really appreciate all of the great things we have to see in the U.S. Once you actually get a chance to see a few things you realize how many wonderful things there are to see in this country. There's definitely tons of things to see all around the world, but exploring your own first is a great way to get to know your history and culture. Hopefully I get to go over seas and explore the entire world, but first hopefully I can visit all 50 states to see the wonderful things close to me.

Happy traveling!!

ladybuglover_01 says:
There's just sooo much to see Mel and I'm with you I'd love to do that one day. Crazy Horse was nuts Jake that was my favorite part of the trip.
Posted on: Aug 08, 2007
mellemel8 says:
enjoyed your blog and pics. i hope to do a road trip across the u.s.a one day.
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007
WaltJake says:
Glad you had such a great trip with your Dad! I agree, South Dakota was a pleasant surprise, so much to see and do there that I wasn't expecting, when I first visited there in 1998. So, of course I had to take my son there last summer! (P.S. Crazy Horse looks pretty much the same now as it did back in 1998...it's taken about 60 years to get as far as they have gotten!)
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007