the end...or not

Boston Travel Blog

Friday turned out to be an uneventful day. We woke up early and headed to the airport, fully prepared to spend the entire day there. I would have said "bright and early" but it was raining, of course. Why would anyone expect it to be doing anything else? I felt bad because it was so early that we didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anybody. All I did was watch people on the news who were very upset about the President and the Cambridge Police. As luck would have it, we got on the very first flight. We barely had time to eat breakfast at the airport. We made it back to Milwaukee, where it really was bright and early, and spent the rest of the day watching our Don't Explain DVD over and over again.

In summary, this little multiple city trip, this entire summer really, but especially this two week back and forth adventure was such an exhilarating experience for me. I always live in the moment, and I am pretty good at appreciating exactly what I've got, but at certain times those things stand out more than others. My job can be pretty crappy sometimes. I don't make very much money, and it bothers me sometimes that I am grossly overqualified for the job I have and highly underpaid for the work I do. Obviously, this is my choice, and I truly am satisfied with being paid in experience rather than money. But it can be a depressing choice in the dead of winter when I'm at the airport until 1 am getting yelled at because 25 flights cancelled because of a blizzard, and it seems there is no end in sight. I don't really travel in the winter, I just work, and save save save, for summer when I can. November though May is not really that long in the grand scheme of things, but fog and snow and wind and more fog and snow and wind, combined with a lack of sunshine and sub-zero temperatures while waiting for the bus and long work days/delays can make it seem like an eternity. But would I have had this fantastic summer without last winter? If I had a real job I probably would have used my one week of vacation to go to Boston. And that's all I would have done. I spent a good amount of time on this trip reflecting on how awesome life is and thanking the universe for helping me make my life extra awesome.

Boston