Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign...*

Milwaukee Travel Blog

Wednesday there was none of this waking up for no reason at 7 am. I must not have done anything very exciting, since I can't remember it at all. I was likely playing Animal Crossing on my DS for most of the day. I know I went to the library to pick up a book I had on hold, and was highly disappointed to find it was a gigantic hardcover book about ten inches wide and four inches thick. I really wanted to read it throughout the week, but there was no way I was lugging that thing around in my backpack. I ended up taking along a paperback I've started to read a thousand times.

On Thursday I actually hung out with my sister for the only time all summer! It makes me very sad that she never wants to hang out. We are best friends, we talk all the time, and I go to her house almost every day throughout the school year, but every time I ask her to actually go OUT and do something, she finds some excuse. As a matter of fact, my entire family thinks I'm crazy. I am the only one in my family that ever does anything. I'm always asking them to travel with me, but they never will. My dad will always say that he wants to see a shuttle launch or Ronald Reagan's library in Simi Valley. My mom has always wanted to go to Hawaii. My sister wants to go to Martha's Vineyard. "So let's go!", I tell them. "Yeah right," they will always respond, "you can't just go somewhere." Hmm. Actually, yes you can. I do it all the time, remember? I just did it yesterday, and I'm going to do it again tomorrow! But what can I do? Karen went with me to see Harry Potter, that was what I got out of my sister this whole summer. And come to think of it, I paid for it. (The movie was okay, as Harry Potter movies go, but I don't like the Harry Potter movies much, at least not compared to the books, so that doesn't say much.)

*Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
sylviandavid says:
I like that you are willing to step out of your comfort zone... good for you. sylvia
Posted on: Sep 20, 2009
freak0ut says:
you're right! I changed it :)
Posted on: Aug 19, 2009
bkretzer says:
I think your indirect quote is from Book #2, Chamber of Secrets.
Posted on: Aug 19, 2009