Placebo Live in HK - August 3, 2009

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Jeni and I flew in to HK for the Placebo concert, bringing only a change of clothes and our passports. :)

Spent the early afternoon walking around Kowloon to shop and take in some sights (which were on the way towards our destination, since we couldn't risk getting lost). A lot of people say that HK is great for shopping, but personally the prices in HK are about the same (if not cheaper) back in Greenhills. Better selection, though.

We walked around and went to Sik Sik temple near the Wong Tai Sin stop of the Green MTR line. I had my fortune told... which was pretty scary because the fortune teller said something bad will happen to me (whatever happened to just saying a warning and leaving the bad stuff out?).

At around 6PM, we went to HITEC for the main event, which I could only sum up to F*CKING AWESOME. They played Kitty Litter, Ashtray Heart, Battle for the Sun, For What It's Worth, Speak in Tongues, Special Needs (i died.), Every You Every Me, Meds, Never Ending Why (1st time they played it live), Song to Say Goodbye, Special K, Infra-Red... etc. They ended with Taste in Men. Videos of the concert are already in YouTube (

After the concert, Jen and I went back to the airport and checked in to one of their 24-hour airport lounges to take a shower and get some shuteye. We didn't really intend to check in, but all the walking and excitement was too much for us so we decided to go ahead and spend the additional HK$ (there was a friendly concierge named Chris who helped us... so wherever you are dude, thanks so much). Then it was back to Manila on the 10:45 AM flight.