2 days in Harbin

Harbin Travel Blog

The very first day after my grand arrival to Harbin we went to Syberian Tiger Park to see some of the rarest tiger species...During our bus trip we were considering to put together 50yuan to feed tigers with alive chicken because we were poor and couldn't afford 1500yuan for a cow....:-) I also couldn't resist from taking a photo with a 1-month old tiger sweet! On our way to the hostel we passed by a local food market and tasted a grilled octopus....just delicious!

Next day I went to the train station to buy ticket to Beijing and suffered from humiliation! I can't speak Chinesse they can't speak English so imagine how diffucult it was to buy a ticket. Well, I was bit picky as I didn't want to pay 411y for a 2rd class ticket but after 10min of drawing pictures and other form of speechless communication I finally got my 3rd class ticket. Ufff! Good job!

Later in the evening I was quite hungry so I asked my dormmate from the hostel, a Chinesse guy, if he wants to joing me for dinner. He was happy with the idea so we went to a restaurant which he picked, he ordered food for both of us (I told him I eat everything) and....he paid for everything. When I was giving him some money he kindly refused and said "Welcome to China. I can practice my English with you". The very next day he offered to help me to board my train. Unbelievable.

sylviandavid says:
Train stations in China are huge! So happy you were helped by a nice guy....
Posted on: Oct 07, 2009