A new friend and a tour of Leeuwarden

Leeuwarden Travel Blog

Sunet

We decided we would drive out on Friday so we didn’t have to get up so early on Saturday.  Wendi Carter (Austxlady) had arranged to ride out with us.  Wendi and I met where we keep out car stored and drove to Volendam to pick-up Rob (RobBPinAmsterdam).  Rob had to finish up some work so Wendi and I sat and chatted in his office. She is on a journey of travel throughout Europe, currently. She is very friendly and we had a lot to talk about. We both love travel. Once he was done we were on our way.  We stopped to get fuel and drinks.  We introduced Wendi to stroopwafelen.  They are made from two thin layers of baked batter with a caramel-like syrup filling in the middle.

My little boy
  They are a very tasty treat.

Once we got to the hotel and were settled we went out to find a place to eat.  We wondered around Leeuwarden and finally settled on the Pannenkoekschip (pancake ship).  We enjoyed out food, but the place was so hot.  After dinner we headed back towards the hotel.  Wendi was very tired so she went up to her room.  Rob and I went in search of bottled water.  We ran into the TB group who were doing a walking tour of the town.  We joined them.  It turned out we had all eaten at the same place.  They were actually finishing as we were eating.  None of us realized it.  We had a good laugh about it.

When we got to the square next to the old weighting house, the group made a comment about a statue of a horse and Matt (mattgtfour).  Apparently the year before he had tried to get on the horse and was not able to.  Rob offered to help him.  Matt couldn’t manage to understand what to do for Rob to assist him.  Rob decided to climb on and cameras went off. Once Rob got off he finally got Matt up on the horse, cameras again.

We continued to walk through the town and enjoyed the architecture.  We passed by the canal and bay.  We decided to go back to the hotel rather than go out for a drink.  We turned in early to make sure we had a good nights sleep.

Devika1985 says:
well not a lot of words to read :) but nice pics! So u went out to eat pannekoeken? Nice!!
Posted on: Aug 14, 2009
City symbol for Leeuwarden
City symbol for Leeuwarden
Leeuwarden Hotels & Accommodations review
Luxury in Leeuwarden
The hotel is located in a most convenient place. It's right across the street fromt the train station. It has a pleasant appearance with a terrace of … read entire review
Leeuwarden