Stopping for gas and icecream in West Virginia

Morgantown Travel Blog

Welcome to West Virginia

After another 350 miles of driving, we crossed into West Virginia where the mountains really get nice! The car was ready for a fill up on gas, so When I stopped at the gas station, I saw a Dairy Queen across the street. I didn't say anything, but as soon as I got back in the car, I drove right to it! Everyone in the car was saying, "where are you going, why are we going across the street?" until they saw what I saw.

We all ordered some ice cream and found a booth to sit in. Courtnie unfortunately hit her head on a decorative beam as she slid into the booth to sit down. She wasn't hurt, except for the fact that Mike and I started laughing at her so hard, we were both crying!! Guess we were still a bit stir crazy from being in the car so long because I couldn't stop laughing!! Mike actually was on the floor because he was laughing so hard!

With our ice cream finished, and Mike & I settled down, it was time to continue on our journey home.

The slogan for the State of West Virginia is "Wild and Wonderful" and it is. The scenery out here is amazing! Lena took many pictures as we drove through the mountains, only to keep me from doing it as I drove.
Me and my icecream!
Me and my icecream!
My icecream
My icecream
Mike ROFL!
Mike ROFL!
Me laughing at Courtnie
Me laughing at Courtnie
Mike laughing so hard hes crying!
Mike laughing so hard he's crying!
Me laughing so hard Im crying!
Me laughing so hard I'm crying!
Lena