Day Four: Michigan to Chicago

Chicago Travel Blog

I was once again awoken this morning to my dad jumping up and down on my bed and once again trying to take my picture. It’s an effective yet annoying way to be woken up.

After a shower, one doughnut, and a cup of coffee we were out on the road again. I took a nap and when I woke up we were in Michigan. Dad had stopped to grab some lunch since we were on the border of Illinois and Chicago. After a brief chat with a local at a gas station while we filled up, we headed to this little drive-in called the Flashback Diner. It was small but the food was really good and not that expensive either.

After lunch it was back on the road and a bit of reading for me. I eventually took another nap and when I woke up we were in Chicago. We found the hotel pretty easily, thank you Map Quest. This place is amazing; it’s so fancy and just…awesome. Our room has a full kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom; it’s almost like a little apartment. My step-mother was jumping up and down and squeezing when she saw the place.

We took a taxi to this place about a mile away called Harry Carays. It’s this kind of fancy place that is expensive, but it’s worth every penny. It’s an Italian steakhouse that’s dedicated the “Voice of the Chicago Cubs”.  The food was amazing as was the service; everyone came home way too stuffed with food. Tomorrow is a day at Navy Pier and hopefully some fireworks.  The days in Chicago have just started.

Roguefairy13 says:
It was very very good.
Posted on: Aug 21, 2009
Roguefairy13 says:
Oh yeah, they are truly interesting.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009
sweetsummerdaiz says:
Sounds like your father has some interesting "techniques."
Posted on: Aug 17, 2009