Day One: Seven Hours in a Car

Akron Travel Blog

The day started out at 8am. After a shower and some last minute packing I headed down to breakfast with the family.  We sat around watching TV and doing some odd little things around the house until everyone had taken showers and was almost ready to go. We ended up waiting for Lena’s ipod to load and for dad to vacuum the house. But we finally got out of the house around noon.

Dad and Lena have rented a Silver Saturn SUV type thing, so Mike and I each get a row of seats of our own for the trip. Which is a good thing considering the last road trip we took my brother and I nearly killed each other being in the same row of seats all crammed together. But this time I have my own row of seats that I made into a little nest with the comforter from my bed and a good pillow. I must say, it is quite the comfortable spot.

So after we got out on the road thing went smoothly. I took a nap and listened to some music. We stopped in Pennsylvania, just outside of the Turnpike, to grab some lunch at a Wendy’s. After that it was back on the road. We took the Pennsylvania Turnpike for a good hour or two and finally ended up in Ohio.

We arrived at the Hotel, a Holiday Inn, somewhere around seven. The room is small but comfortable. With my luck I’ll be sleeping on a tiny little roll-away bed while my dad, stepmother, and brother get the nice big beds. But being the smallest person I guess I have learned to live with it.

Tomorrow we head out for the Football Hall of Fame. Oh joy. Considering I don’t like football all that much it should be “great.” Anyway, I’ll have another update tomorrow.

Roguefairy13 says:
Soon.
Posted on: Sep 01, 2009
marksreynolds says:
When are you gone to post pictures on here!????
Posted on: Sep 01, 2009
Roguefairy13 says:
Thanks for all the congrats everyone! And yeah we did stop at Breezewood for lunch.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009