Another visit to the wonderful summers of Warsaw

Warsaw Travel Blog

The cakes

I had a really busy day, where I drove halfway to Stockholm and had spent some time visiting a production site and then driven back to Copenhagen just in time to catch a taxi to the airport and the plane to Warsaw.

The flight went well even though someone had taken my seat, which annoyed me a bit. because I had specifically booked it. I just hate these new airplanes that SAS have bought from Bombardier; they are so narrow that people hardly can walk to their seats and then you always feel that you squeezed in the seat. Being my size does not help to it, and this time I ended up sitting next to a guy almost my own size; I kept on wishing that time just would go faster.

Anyway the flight went fast, so it was not too bad and we landed on time in sunny Warsaw and this time even the luggage handling was fast; faster than my friends.

This was enormous and delicious
My friends were stuck in traffic so I went outside in front of the arrival terminal just to enjoy the atmosphere; I have always enjoyed looking at the taxi hustlers working and especially in Warsaw.

The guys with a taxi sign around their neck and who contacts you just when you leave the terminal area are the real hustlers. I remember my first time in Warsaw when I took one of these taxies and I ended paying 100 zloty for a trip that should have cost less than 20 zloty.

You should stay with the official taxies in front of the terminal; but if you hire a local one to come and pick you instead, it is even cheaper.

After some time my friends came and we drove straight in to town to find a place where we could eat. We went to café Zielnik which turned out to be a great place.

This was enormous and delicious
The café consisted of two different sections; one which was in-door and a second one that was outside across the road and inside a park. We choose to sit in the park because of the beautiful weather.

The food was excellent, and their desert was divine; while we were there one of my other Polish friends came by and invited us to stay the rest of his evening at his place and we could do a snack barbeque on his terrace. He didn’t live that far from the café so a bit later we were there enjoying cold beers on his terrace and his spatiality; sausage barbequing.

It was truly great to be back in Warsaw with my friends.

This was enormous and delicious
A wonderful cold Lithuanian soup -…
A wonderful cold Lithuanian soup …
Super wonderful honey marinated ri…
Super wonderful honey marinated r…
You cant do what you want!!
You can't do what you want!!
The restaurant
The restaurant
Warsaw Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A fabulous place to eat
I had just arrived to Poland in the early evening after a day of work in Copenhagen and my friends Olaf and Ewelina had picked me up in the airport. T… read entire review
Warsaw