Philadelphia Travel Blog

A bit of engine trouble

The plan was to attend a meeting in Barcelona, where I would present a paper & attend some lecture sessions, but with enough free time to tour about the city also. After the meeting I planned to go to Valencia to stay with some friends for a few days. This was something I was really looking forward to on the journey. After this I would travel to Madrid for just a couple days to have a walkabout and visit the museums. So, Barcelona/Valencia/Madrid, the so-called Golden triangle in Spain is the ground I would cover. My flight from Norfolk to Philadelphia was fine, but at Philadelphia there was the dreaded announcement that every traveler loves to hear - Oh, yes, Engine trouble! Watching the mechanics work outside from the wide angle window view did not really boost my confidence. They didn't seen to know what was wrong and it took a good deal of time with comings and goings and use of various tools. Anyway, eventually the word was go, and everyone was happy. It's quite a thing when you step into a big steel box, surrender your fate and hope the repairs went well. It's amazing the faith we put in out technology and trust our most dearest possions with - Our lives!

Vikram says:
Congrats on the featured blog!
rheagirl says:
Congratulations! :D
tour_guy says:
Hey Brian, Congrats on the featured blog! Good job :)
Airplane trouble I