New beginnings

Vancouver Travel Blog

One era of my life has just came to a close, and it's time to embark on a new one. I've been frantically trying to wrap things up here in Vancouver, and I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting more than a few things. Here is a rough itinerary for the next year, and I'm curious to see how accurate this ends up being.

I'll be in Fiji for a week or so before moving on to Tasmania to visit my parents. Then over to the mainland and Melbourne to start the 4000 km journey along the coast north to tropical Cairns. Should take about 2 months before I settle down and find some work to get a little money back.

Near the end of August, I'm heading further north into Indonesia through Darwin. Hopefully try to land a spot on a boat heading up to Kaupang in West Timor. Then island hopping to Singapore to meet up with Kailey who is flying in on September 8th. We'll be visiting Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and lately I've been really interested in making it over to Nepal to play in the mountains. This leg of the journey will probably wrap up around mid-December.

After that, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but ideally I don't come back to Vancouver for their wet and depressing winter. Maybe go back to Australia, or if I can line up a job, I'd like to be a ski bum in some small BC mountain town. I miss the powder already.

Actually kinda hard to leave right now with everything going so awesome here in this amazing city. Vancouver has treated me so well, with good friends, a good job, and countless memories. Luckily it will all still be here when I get back.
photo by: Browser